- This event has passed.
Double Happiness: Austrian Wine & Chinese Food Pairing Experience
15 June, 2018 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm HKT
DOUBLE HAPPINESS: EXCLUSIVE AUSTRIAN WINE & CHINESE FOOD PAIRING EXPERIENCE
FOOD & WINE PAIRING WORKSHOP
Do you want to learn more about an often underlooked wine region producing some of the best wines for Chinese food?
Do you want to impress your family and friends with your knowledge of one of the most food-friendly grapes on the planet?
If so, come join us at MWM Wine School when we explore Austrian Wines with Chinese Food on Friday, June 15. We will taste seven different wines paired with Chinese dishes from across the flavour spectrum, and explain what aromas and flavours make for good pairings. Learn about the balance between acidity and sweetness in wine and why some grapes are more food-friendly than others.
In addition, learn about Austria’s high quality production standards and why Austrian wines are famous for being some of the most food-friendly you can drink.
- ZANTHO Welschriesling 2017
- WEINGUT MEINHARD FORSTREITER Ried Kremser Kogl 2016
- WEINGUT JURTSCHITSCH SONNHOF Ried Zöbinger Heiligenstein 1 ÖTW 2015
- WEINGUT KLOSTERKELLER SIEGENDORF (LENZ MOSER) Weissburgunder 2016
- WEINGUT CHRIST Wiener Gemischter Satz DAC 2016
- WEINGUT KÜSSLER “Like a Kiss” Zweigelt 2016
- ROTWEINGUT MARIA KERSCHBAUM K XII Grand Reserve 2012
- WEINGUT SCHLOSS GOBELSBURG Eiswein Grüner Veltliner 2016
Chairman, Hong Kong Wine Society
Roland is an executive at a private bank in Hong Kong. A great part of his spare time is devoted to his love for wine. Roland is a vivid wine collector and active in several wine associations. Since June 2017 he heads the prestigious Hong Kong Wine Society and also studies in the second stage to become a “master of wine. Roland is also a contributor to the Austrian wine magazine VINARIA and Spirito di Vino Asia and shares with his readers his impressions of Asia’s culinary and wine scenes.
15 Jun 2018 | 19:30-21:30
Course fee: HK$680 （MWM School Alumni: HK$600)
Workshop supported by